Monday, September 6, 2010

Elementary Schools in Chuncheon

So if you have interest in teaching at a public school in Chuncheon, now would be a great time to get to know some of the teachers.  If you already live in Korea, build a relationship with a school you have an interest in - and the only reason I say that is simply because I know a friend who was placed in a school (but it wasn't in Chuncheon) by simply going there and asking if there were any replacements needed.  Making a resume and a business card should be prepared to give them in addition to meeting the school.  Of course, before visiting the school it's always best to try to call them.  The reason for me recommending this is because with the EPIK program, they will place you wherever they wish, and unless if you have connections, you will likely not get to a school you'd like.

So without further ado, here is a list of elementary schools you might want to try calling that are in Chuncheon.  Sorry, mine's not listed because I'm the only native teacher there.  Simply put, my school's taken.

  1. 삼육초등학교 (Samyook Elementary School)
    동면
    033-241-7760
    FAX : 033-254-5760
     

  2. 춘천초등학교 (Chuncheon Elementary School)
    중앙로3가 (Jungang-ro 3ga) 
    033-256-4781 
    033-251-0915 교장실
    FAX : 033-251-0914 
     

  3. 중앙초등학교 (Jungang Elementary School)
    낙원동
    033-254-3046 
    033-251-1473 행정실


As you can see, the list of elementary schools isn't that big.  I think there is more, but it's difficult to search through the phone listings, especially when some schools are listed twice.  If anyone wants to search through Daum, Naver, or Google, be my guest so I can help post it here.

I don't plan to continue to leave out the list of middle and high schools, but I'd rather post a small list and update later, than not showing anything for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment