Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Game Idea #1 Spinner Template

My students love games, and I love preparing games for them.  I especially love it when I use creativity to modify an existing game, because it's almost as good as though I created it.  For this post, I'd like to share a game targeted for elementary.  I'm not sure if Middle School would appreciate it or not, but you can give it a try if you'd like.

Obviously, you'd want to integrate conversation into the game.  The best way to modify this template is to add pictures (from Google Image search) via PhotoShop.  Don't have it? - me neither.  You can also use Microsoft Paint (access it by hitting the Windows Key + R at the same time, type in mspaint, and finally enter).  Macintosh users: you can use either PaintBrush or TheGimp as a replacement.

Find images, or insert words however you like.  The wheel that is modified I originally took from esl-kids.com under the Spinner Game.  But I added numbers to represent points.  A student uses a pencil to put through a paper clip.  The paper clip needs to be partly opened to be the pointer.  Once you flick the paper clip it will point to an area of the wheel.  If the student answers correctly, (s)he will get the points.  They also add up their points on the score sheet.  The student with the most points is the winner!

Depending on your browser, the commands will be different.  Basically, you'll want to right click and then save the image.






No comments:

Post a Comment